FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Some major roadways in Portland and St. Mary have been seriously impacted, as a result of the heavy rains which have lashed both parishes during the course of this week. The National Works Agency (NWA) has reported than some roads in St. Mary have been blocked or reduced to single lane traffic, while roads in Portland have been rendered impassable as a result of breakaways. Speaking to JIS News, Senior Communications Officer at the NWA, Colin Morrison, said the affected roadways in St. Mary include those from Hamilton Mountain to Oracabessa, Pembroke Hall to Guys Hill, Gayle to Ocho Rios, Gayle to Windsor and Oracabessa to Port Maria. He said sections of these roadways have been reduced to single lane as a consequence of washed out culverts, breakaways and inundation. Turning to the corridors impacted in Portland, Mr. Morrison said the roadways from Balcarres to Wakefield and Cascade to Regale in the Buff Bay valley area of the parish have been made impassable, due to massive breakaways. Pointing out that there are no alternative routes to the affected roadways in Portland, he said the NWA was working assiduously to clear the blocked roads to restore full access. He noted that efforts were currently underway to assess the damage done to the corridors in order to determine the extent of repairs needed. Mr. Morrison said the NWA would be working at full pace to restore the damaged roads to their original condition as early as possible, and appealed to persons traversing areas in both parishes, which are susceptible to landslides, flooding or fallen trees, to exercise extreme caution. RelatedRoads in St. Mary and Portland affected by heavy rains Advertisements RelatedRoads in St. Mary and Portland affected by heavy rains Roads in St. Mary and Portland affected by heavy rains EnvironmentFebruary 21, 2011 CONTACT: ASTON G. BAILEY JIS REGIONAL OFFICE PORT ANTONIO RelatedRoads in St. Mary and Portland affected by heavy rains
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia yesterday announced plans for the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach to collaborate on a series of initiatives designed to meet the changing dynamics of seaborne trade and the impacts of those changes on cargo flow through the nation’s largest trade gateway.The two ports recently submitted to the Federal Maritime Commission an updated cooperative working agreement that clarifies and expands on their existing pact. The proposed update, now in a public comment period which ends this Wednesday, will enable the ports to work together on strategies that will benefit both ports in the areas of supply chain logistics and gateway marketing, as well as environment, security and legislative advocacy.“With a tentative labor contract announced late last week, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach must collaborate and invest in the future to reach new levels of cargo efficiency and re-enforce our position as the Western Hemisphere’s trade gateway to the world,” said Mayor Garcetti. “With second-to-none infrastructure, a highly skilled labor force and unparalleled industry assets, our two ports need to work with stakeholders to promote our strengths and ensure that jobs and cargo continue to flow into Southern California.”“Now that our ports are moving again we plan to redouble our efforts to invest in port infrastructure, increase trade and ensure that we remain the best place to do business on the West Coast,” said Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia. “We are still the largest and most efficient port complex in the country.”The Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach are the largest ports in the nation, ranked first and second respectively, and combined are the ninth largest port complex in the world. The two ports handle approximately 43 percent of the nation’s total import traffic and 27 percent of its total exports. More than 3 million direct, indirect and induced jobs are related to cargo movement at the port complex. More than $30 billion in national, state and local taxes are generated from port-related trade each year.
DR Congo Ebola outbreak moves into Goma BUTEMBO, CONGO – JULY 27: A healthcare member inoculates a man for Ebola suspicion to take precautions against the disease in Butembo, Democratic Republic of the Congo on July 27, 2019. (Photo by JC Wenga/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images) BUTEMBO, CONGO – JULY 27: A healthcare member inoculates a man for Ebola suspicion to take precautions against the disease in Butembo, Democratic Republic of the Congo on July 27, 2019. (Photo by JC Wenga/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)The World Health Organisation said it will support the Ministry of Health of the Democratic Republic of Congo to roll out the ring vaccination around the Ebola cases in Goma to protect the contacts and the surrounding community as part of its response efforts.A ring vaccination tracks the epidemic, recruiting individuals at high risk of infection due to their connection to a patient confirmed to have the virus, according to the WHO. A ring may be composed of an average of 150 people.Contacts, and contacts of contacts of confirmed Ebola virus disease patients, health care and frontline workers in affected areas, and health care and frontline workers in areas at risk of spread of the outbreak are eligible for the vaccination.The WHO’s announcement comes as a fourth case of Ebola was confirmed in the capital of North Kivu province, Goma, in eastern DR Congo.Tucked in a hilly country at the foot of an active volcano, Goma, with a population of more than a million people, lies just 7 km (4.5 miles) from Rwanda’s main border town of Gisenyi.A gold miner is said to have contaminated several people, including his wife and one of his 10 children, with the virus before succumbing to it.Seven relatives of the deceased miner have been vaccinated and returned to a hotel in Goma where they are being monitored, according to the WHO. The relatives had travelled from Goma to Birava in South Kivu province causing panic.Health workers are attempting to track people who may have come into contact with the miner.Meanwhile, Rwanda had already reopened its border with the DR Congo hours after it was closed on Thursday following news of a third death from the virus in Goma.More than 2,700 people have been infected with Ebola while more than 1,800 people in other parts of Democratic Republic of Congo have died since the outbreak a year ago, making it the second-worst on record. Between 2014 and 2016, more than 11,000 people were killed by an Ebola outbreak in West Africa.Related Teams all set for crucial Ebola vaccination in DR Congo Ebola vaccination resumes in DR Congo after security incidents
As the reports linking the Manchester City right-back Danilo to a move to Inter Milan continue, some important updates come from the Italian media today. According to Gianluca Di Marzio, the player has said yes to a move to the Nerazzurri, and now the clubs discuss the details of a deal.Last week, website TMW had saidDanilo would accept a pay cut to make the transfer, and the information is backed up by Di Marzio today.The journalist says Danilo currently makes €4.5m at Manchester City per season, and now has accepted to make €3.5 at Inter Milan.Embed from Getty ImagesManchester City are not thought to be against the sale, and are only waiting for the end of the season to give a response to the €15m bid made by Inter Milan.Even if the Premier League side reject this first attempt, Di Marzio says Inter would only have to increase it a little to get things done.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this City-Building Game is a Must-Have. No Install.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoDating.comFind out where single guys are hanging out in Tung ChungDating.comUndoPerfect-Dating.comReveal Tung Chung As The Best City to Date for Love & RomancePerfect-Dating.comUndoKeto减肥1個簡單的妙招一夜「融化」腹部贅肉（今晚試試）Keto减肥UndoCNBC InternationalHere’s How Big Businesses in Singapore Are Managing the Impact of COVID-19.CNBC InternationalUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoSingles50Hong Kong: A 40+ Dating Site That Actually Works!Singles50UndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndo
Ads by Amazon (3879) Other $0.00 Report a problem This item is… × Shop Now Ads by Amazon DEAL OF THE DAY Bestseller Not relevant Shares (32825) Displayed poorly Other Inappropriate / Offensive Report a problem This item is… Not relevant Twelve Bestseller Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Share × Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Report a problem This item is… $19.29 Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Report a problem This item is… NBC Sports Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Displayed poorly Displayed poorly $14.99 (8133) (832) ENDS IN × Report a problem This item is… By Dave TomczakLocalSportsJournal.comSPRING LAKE – An early deficit wasn’t going to stop the Spring Lake soccer team from reclaiming the title it lost three years ago.The host Lakers scored four second-half goals and rolled past Grand Rapids Catholic Central 5-1 on Thursday to clinch the O-K Blue Conference championship.Shldon Bunnell controls the ball for Spring Lake. Photo/Jason GoormanThe Lakers, 11-0 in the conference, earned their first league title since 2016, the year they joined the Blue.“We joined the league four years ago and won it then,” Lakers coach Jeremy Thelen said. “But Catholic’s won it the last two years. Obviously there’s a rivalry between the two schools at this point.”With a conference record of 8-2 coming into the game, Catholic Central needed a win to stay in the race, and got off to a good start when Jack Barlow scored with 18:08 left in the first half.Spring Lake pulled even late in the half when Armani Abiertas took a pass from Ben Bush on a corner kick and threaded a shot past three defenders.The Lakers took control in the second half, starting when Bush knocked in a header with just 1:41 off the clock. Malachi Mulder made it 3-1 with a goal 3:25 later.“This was a game we had circled on the calendar months ago,” Thelen said. “With the conference implications, against a tough team, the guys came right out after halftime, took care of business and put the game out of reach.”Keegan Fritsche and Porter Saunders added goals down the stretch for Spring Lake, which improved to 13-2-1 overall on the season.Spring Lake had a 12-5 shot advantage. Fritsche and Link Dephouse had assists for the Lakers, and goalie Aidan Parker made four saves. Inappropriate / Offensive Nuun Sport: Electrolyte Drink Tablets, Citru… FOX Sports: Stream live NFL, College Footbal… Other Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Other Not relevant Not relevant Add Comments (Max 320 characters) $0.00 DEAL OF THE DAY Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. (35309) Not relevant Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Other Report a problem This item is… Displayed poorly DEAL OF THE DAY Not relevant Report a problem This item is… Bestseller ENDS IN Inappropriate / Offensive ENDS IN Inappropriate / Offensive $20.00$233.61 Bestseller Displayed poorly × Share Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. Displayed poorly Bestseller Other DEAL OF THE DAY Report a problem This item is… Add Comments (Max 320 characters) × Bestseller Not relevant DEAL OF THE DAY Other ENDS IN × Sports Illustrated Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. (975) Displayed poorly (5153) Not relevant × Inappropriate / Offensive Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Add Comments (Max 320 characters) Mail Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Special… (1445) Bestseller Lemedy Women Padded Sports Bra Fitness Wo… Other × ENDS IN DEAL OF THE DAY ENDS IN Displayed poorly Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. DEAL OF THE DAY Thank you! This will help us improve your ad experience. We will try not to show you such ads again. $0.00 Inappropriate / Offensive $22.99 DEAL OF THE DAY Inappropriate / Offensive ENDS IN Fox Sports Go ENDS IN Bestseller $9.99 0
Tournament organiser FACEIT has announced a partnership with Red Bull to host the second season of Red Bull M.E.O., starting August 8th.The sseason will see mobile gamers compete across Clash Royale, Brawl Stars, and Hearthstone. FACEIT will host online and offline qualifiers in over 30 countries before the grand final in February next year.Logo credit: Red BullSeason 1 of the competition saw its grand final hosted at the Warsteiner Music Hall in Dortmund, Germany, with UK player Liam ‘ThunderStruck’ McCarron winning in Clash Royale – a victory which saw him go on the be crowned Player of the Year at last weeks UK Esports Awards.Michele Attisani, Co-Founder & CBO of FACEIT commented on the event: “M.E.O. is one of the most exciting tournaments on the competitive mobile scene. As a truly global competition, we have an enormous talent pool to source the very best players in three of the most dynamic titles in esports. We’re working closely with Red Bull to make sure each qualifier offers a world-class standard of competition to attract the very best competitors from each region.”Qualifiers for the event will take place across the following regions and countries:Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United KingdomAfrica: Egypt, KenyaAsia: India, Japan, Jordan, Philippines, Qatar, South Korea, Taiwan, UAE Americas: Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, MexicoEsports Insider says: Mobile esports is nothing to scoff at. M.E.O. is going a long way to tackle the negativity surrounding mobile esports and as we have mentioned before, one of the winners of the event was even recognised as the UK’s top esports player in 2019. M.E.O. Season 2 adds another game to the mix and the list of countries involved is also great to see.ESI London 2019 – Find out more
By ANEEKA SIMONIS A VIOLENT ice addict who falsely imprisoned and threatened to kill a Berwick shop assistant has been…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Cardinia community groups will recieve some much needed protection from the sun’s rays. As part of a State Government grant,…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.